Have you ever gone into a store for a particular item, or even online, only to realize it’s “out of stock”? Do you go to another store or check another website? Call a friend? Maybe you even ask for recommendations on social media? In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic we’ve seen plenty of empty shelves or online messages indicating out of stock items.
But what if the out of stock item is you? Yes, you! You’ve given all you had to everything and everyone and now you’re empty. Mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually, just empty. If you were a car, your check engine light would be solid because you ignored it while it was blinking to alert you to the attention it (you) needed. And I get it, your family, the job and the world in general will stop if you don’t personally take care of everything. But who’s taking care of you?
Now the good thing about empty shelves and out of stock items, generally speaking of course, they will be restocked; there’s a replenishing process. Someone is responsible for identifying the missing items and submitting an order to restock it and sometimes, the restock is a better product. 😉
So, do you have a replenishing process? What relaxes you? It could be reading a book, cooking a meal or my favorite, taking a nap. But below are a few other things I try when my restock light starts to blink.
- Take a walk. I started listening to podcasts while walking it’s relaxing for me.
- Take a bath/soak for 30-minutes. Add some Epsom salt and a few drops of essential oil like Lavendar.
- Foot Soak. Try Mountain Rose Herbs (MRH) for a bulk supply of herbs. Lavendar and Peppermint are great.
- Sip a cup of herbal tea. You can purchase ready made tea bags or make your own. Again, MRH has bulk herbs, try Chamomile.
- Diffuse essential oils, there a plenty to choose from and you have to find what brings calmness to you. I like Geranium.
- Journal. Identify the things which empty you and draft your plan for replenishment.
- Spend time with God. It’s actually first on the list, but I figured it was a good place to end the list.
Whatever you choose to do, make it about you and how best to replenish your stock.
Faith and Wellness
Pray! Then Wait.